Tuesday, May 26, 2009

lets get it

You gotta go to the mountain and shout out your city
You gotta grapple with lions and tackle the bears
Put a muzzle on pit bulls and never be scared

You got to challenge the warrior and dodge his weapon
And if you get caught on the shoulder you will learn a lesson

You have to swim with the seals and eat with the sharks
You need to hunt with the lions alone in the dark

You have to feed the hungry and shower the homeless
And take out the poets and just leave them wordless

There is no challenge no method to madness
No way you can fathom taking me out the outcome

I am the challenger I am the home team this is the homeboy
Protecting his home thing

Don’t be surprise if I face you in a battle I’m wearing warrior paint
And I’m tasing the cattle I do that with a rod you could call me a cattle prod

Cause I’m goading you on if your not off your but yet then please move along
Create you a dance man draw me a picture create me some poetry now you get the picture

With an orginal thought you are the fixture publish the work let it be bought
This is the trap yet I refuse to be caught

I’m no dope dealing hustler I’m no man on parole
I throw deuces to officers and deuces to gangbangers
And if you can freestyle or ride with the ape hangers

Then I’ll be here with the microphone and maybe a helmet
So if you fall off then you’re not considered a failure

And just one more chance for you to follow me now
If it seems that I’m trying to win me a lottery now

That is not the case I am filling the space that you have yet to create
I am fighting the war of ideas the battle for minds
I am on a roll just taking my time

Please don’t count me out
Because even if they knock me down
I am not afraid with rubber I rebound
I am not afraid with rubber I rebound

Which means I redoubled my efforts
Exponentially I come back
You push then I push back

I’m never afraid and I preparing to run back over the glass
Barbwire and thorns
No bull scares me prepare for the horns

I’m in the arms race running ahead
Both of my ears closed I don’t know what you said
I’m in the forefront you won’t push me back
I’m going to the Dam and dare it to crack
I’m going to the ocean and challenge the sea
I’m out on the roof if you looking for me

No comments:

Post a Comment