Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Family Confidential
















Family confidential






There were days when I wondered and prayed
Hoped and cried
Didn’t think I would survive
Cause I just couldn’t
And I’m even emotional right now
As I write now begin to write out
I just wanted a family
A fact for sure but my time and ego
Had me so insecure
I wanted the proof that my home team was actually
The components backing me
The factory running like a train
We could all be trained to fall in line
A place where I could rest and trust
Now I thank God and trust
That the best of us is right here
And the vision is so clear
I got my Dad with me for thanksgiving
My mom’s got me focused on my health
Cause my heart might not be as strong as my granddads
I got cousins and at least one that would back me
Even if I’m dead wrong days when I was nothing but headstrong
And now I throw myself into the work headlong
Hoping that my wife can see my vision
I keep scraping a clear path for my kids
And just in case I’m not around to enjoy iah’s smile
I write out the green mile so she can retrace my steps
I’m trying to make Aria seed the best
And Anthony see my dept
So just in case in sleep I rest
They can still feel my heart beat
Their chest

No comments:

Post a Comment